Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Blog Summary 1

My personal view of leisure is when I am intrinsically motivated, I have a positive state of mind and it leaves me with feelings of pleasure and happiness. Although time is not a factor that effects whether an activity is leisure or not, I feel it is a big part of whether something is pure leisure to me. For example when I am participating in an activity like snowboarding where my challenges often meets my skill level and I reach flow I am having such a positive experience that I lose track of time. Another way time affects my leisure is when I do not have any time to pursue activities that put me into a positive state of mind where I can reach flow. I get too caught up in work and school and I don’t have time to pursue an activity that is pure leisure to me. Even though leisure is not defined by activity or time it is rare for me to feel pure leisure if I have a time constraint.

Most of the time I experience leisure when I am intrinsically motivated although it does happen that I can also feel leisure when I am extrinsically motivated into doing something. I mentioned this in my first blog where I discuss work and leisure and how sometimes even if I am somewhere that I have to be for work I can still experience leisure by socializing with new people or getting a sense of satisfaction when a job is well done.

I am heading to a habs game right now with my dad and two friends I'm sure it will be a great leisure experince, I hope Habs win.........

1 comment:

MommyLife said...

Nice blog summary. Expresses important ideas about leisure in your life and is related to course content. How can you help others find/value leisure? 7/10