| My Leisure Weekend My weekend consisted of both work, leisure and a little bit of work and leisure at the same time. I spent the first half of Friday night trying to study for one of my classes. Sometimes studying isn’t that bad for me and can even be considered leisure once in awhile if I am really into it, on a Friday night though it is definitely not a leisure experience. I was extrinsically motivated to study because I felt guilty because I had not done much studying all week. I was also having a hard time concentrating on the material because it was a Friday night and I kept thinking of other exiting things I could be doing instead. I ended up getting into and then renting a movie with a friend. Saturday started with work. I had to pick some things up at work and set up my promotion that was that night at O’regans Irish Pub. The promotion was very relaxed, the only thing that didn’t go well was that the bar was lacking people. At 6:45 we picked a name out of a box and it happened to be one of my friends who won. My pretty good chances seeing as there was only about 25 people in the bar and 15 of them were my friends. At 6:45 PM one of my friends won the promotion which means that he got to bring 3 other friends and to take a limo to the Habs game against Anaheim. I also got to go in the Limo and to the game with them. This was definitely a time where I experienced leisure at work. I am not quite sure if that is a form of leisure education. Two guys who won had never been to a game before and never been in a limo before. This was a new leisure experience for them. They did not have to worry about any structural constraints like money or time; they did not have to worry about interpersonal constraints because they went with friends. Don’t know if winning a contest can be considered leisure education though. I am doing the same promotion tomorrow at Irish Embassy and I am pretty exited for it. |
Monday, October 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment