Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Blog Summary 2

After reviewing my blogs I realized that most of my blogs have to do with my work, which means that very often I experience leisure at work. It also made me realize that although I am experiencing leisure at work I don’t really have the time to experience pure leisure where I am intrinsically motivated. I have been thinking of ideas of what I can do that would be a totally new leisure experience and any idea I think of doing I can’t because I am constrained with time. I think knowing what your constraints are a part of being leisure educated. Knowing that time is a big constraint for me because I am busy with work and school I have to make sure I take advantage my unobligated time to do something that is pure leisure to me and will improve my quality of life.

I am a leisure educator in a couple different ways. I plan parties at promotions where people have incredible new leisure experience. For example I did a promotion where people in the bar played different games and somebody from the bar that night won an all inclusive trip to Cuba. Although it might be purple leisure because it is in a bar where people are drinking the games and the excitement of winning is still a leisure experience. It deals with a couple different components of leisure education. The first one is being self determined in leisure. I am providing opportunities for people to choose in participating in a leisure activity. One of the games we had at the bar was a memory game with images. This promoted self determination because it challenged the person memory. Another way it helped people become self determined in leisure was by giving people the opportunity to take initiation to participate in the activities. The biggest component that my job has to do with leisure education is providing ways for people to interact socially. A promotion always has some type of social interaction. It usually has social interactions with different people that do not know each other. This helps people develop a sense of social competence and can develop friendships. I’m sorry I’m always writing about my work it just happens to take up a lot of my time and also has a lot to do with leisure.

I am also a leisure educator outside of work. For example the other day I invited a friend to the gym and it was her first time. I have been going for a long time so I was able to teach her a few things. For example how the machines work and proper form to different exercises. I also told her the benefits that I get from doing exercises which is mostly just a great feeling once you are done.

2 comments:

Jessica A said...

Nice blog summary. Expresses important ideas about leisure in your life and is related to course content. 8/10

Jessica A said...

No Blog Summary 3. No Grade. 0/10